This past Saturday, October 4 we invited our close friends, customers, and members of our ATV Ride Club to an exclusive private ride through KB Moto’s 40+ mile, 700 acre trail system! This awesome ride gave riders of all ages and skill levels a chance to experience different types of terrain and challenges (and mud!) for a fun-filled day of riding close to home. Watch one of the videos our very own Nicholas took while driving our demo 2015 Polaris Sportsman Ace 570 below, and check out the rest of the videos on our YouTube page here!
Join us at KBmoto‘s last Jamboree Weekend September 20-21 for 700+ acres of riding and fun, plus test drive brand new ATVs and ORVs on our demo track! We’ll be offering demo rides from 12-5 each day right from our Appolson’s trailer, click here http://tinyurl.com/KBMoto-Demo to schedule your day, time, and pick your vehicle or sign up in person at KB Moto
Guy Fieri is more than just a Food Network television star. He is a professional and well respected Chef, Restauranteur, Family Man, Loyal Friend and a HUGE off-road fanatic with a passion for Polaris RZRs! So naturally Guy and Polaris teamed up to do one of the coolest surprises anyone could do: giving away 11 over the top, custom Polaris RZRs as a surprise to his closest friends.
UTVUnderground’s cameras were there as Guy and Polaris hooked the “Knuckle Sandwich” crew up with these sick machines at the 2014 Dunefest event, then spent the week shredding the dunes of Winchester Bay in a way they’ve never done before. Riding, fun, and of course eating were all on the weeks agenda, and they did a lot of it!
Take the ride and see how Dunefest and the ultimate friend hookup went down!
Last week our very own Jerry participated in Polaris Industries‘ Way Out Training Tour (WOTT) at KBmoto! WOTT is a day of learning and riding for local dealers to test and compare brand new ATVs, ORVs, and UTVs. Any guesses as to what Jerry’s favorite new vehicle was?
This year marks the 175th year of the Erie County Fair, and it’s looking to be the biggest Fair experience yet with over a MILLION people expected to attend this year’s 12-day event! But it all started from humble beginnings…
The Agricultural Society was established in 1819, then called the Niagara County Horticultural Society. It held its first fair in 1820 on what is now the site of the Donovan Office Building in Buffalo. One year later, Niagara County split into Erie and Niagara Counties, and so did the agricultural society. After the 1821 Fair, the Society foundered due to the poor economy in the area and the difficulty of transporting livestock over nearly impassable roads. The Society was reborn in 1841 and again started holding its annual Fair. The Erie County Fair has been held every year since 1841 with the exception of 1943, which was canceled because of World War II.
Other interesting fair facts:
- The oldest building on the grounds is the Octagon Building, which was built in 1885 for $2,037.50.
- The James E. Strates Shows Midway first appeared at the Fair in 1924 and still arrives at the Fair each year via railroad.
- The Fair owns the only original San Francisco Cable Car operating outside those city limits.
- The metal 40-foot span main gate on McKinley Parkway was built in 1930 to allow four automobiles to enter the fairgrounds abreast.
- Lynda Bird Johnson, daughter of President Lyndon B. Johnson, formally dedicated the Historical Building on August 23, 1965. The Agricultural and Grange Building was opened five days later.
- The Erie County Fair became the country’s largest county fair for the first time in 1970, with an attendance of 600,960. It is currently the nation’s third largest county fair.
- The Erie County Fair set its attendance record in 2013 with a paid attendance of 1,160,184.
If you stop by this year’s Fair make sure to come and visit us in the Outdoor Showplace Building (near Gate 6)!
It was another great weekend at KBmoto! If you haven’t been to one of their events yet, here’s an inside-look at a small chunk of their 30+ mile trail system. Warning: this video contains MUD